<VV> Ever expanding project - gotta '64 4-speed?

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Sat Dec 31 00:07:07 EST 2005

I'm sure you EM guys have really felt "left-out" on this "LM shifter" project
(bet not!).  Well, here's your lucky chance.  Do you have a '64 4-speed car
with a known stock (unmodified) shifter?  If so, I'd like to ask you to measure
your 3-4 shift distance as we have with the LM cars.  I don't have an early
car at my disposal (in fact there isn't any car in my kitchen at all) so I have
to leave it up to you to select a convienent spot under the dash or on the
radio face from which to horizontally measure the distance to the rear of the
shifter ball.

Here's what to do:
1) Fully shift into 3rd gear.  Measure the horizontal distance from a chosen
reference point on or under the dash to the rear of the shifter ball.  Record
the distance.
2) Fully shift into 4th gear.  Repeat the measurement from the rear of the
shifter knob to the same reference point.
3) Subtract the measurements to get the 3-4 shifter movement dimension.

I don't need a whole bunch of these, but I do need a couple. For the first
lucky winners I promise riches beyond all imagination.  That, or a pat on the
back and a couple of "atta-boys".
Thanks,
Craig (leader of the ever expanding "Big Bang" shifter project) Nicol