<VV> Re: Correction > 1966 corsa 4-speed crunch 1st-2nd

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 31 20:33:52 EST 2005

Brain fade....I used to know what that was, but....I forgot <VBG>

Your comment re the lock-out is a good one. I put just such a device on
Orange Julius when I was racing him. I drilled a hole in the ball of the
shift lever and had a spring-loaded pin with a link up to a "T" handle
mounted on the front of the shift lever. Pulling the "T" handle pulled the
pin out of the ball and allowed the ball to rotate to the left far enough
for selection of reverse. This prevented the dreaded "can't get 2nd"
syndrome in the heat of battle. Particularly on the 3-2 downshift.

Happy New Year to all.
Andy Clark
Camano Island, WA.
66 140/4 Monza Sedan