<VV> Opinion wanted re: pressure/retard

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Tue, 01 Feb 2005 09:40:21 -0700

My 62 Monza sedan with 102hp and PG has a Judson supercharger.  It very
much like the timing advanced at low rpm and pings under full throttle with
too advanced timing.  I currently have it set at about 17 degrees (at my
altitude about 2 degrees past factory is about right on my other Corvairs
so this is not really advanced much) and it rarely pings.

Would a Spyder pressure/retard unit work on the 102hp and would it allow me
to set initial timing way higher (say Spyder range like 24 degrees) but
keep it from pinging?  Or will the pressure/retard only work with a Spyder
distributor?

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off when I
sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html

NEW Corvair pictures including the Judson setup on our 62 Sedan and lots of
pictures of Cheryl's 62 Monza Wagon (with Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels).

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/corvairs.html