<VV> Lug Nuts - Metric

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 12:23:33 EST

<snip>Hi all, sorry to re-plow this issue and burn bandwidth.   At the time
the
issue of lug nuts with the correct taper for metric wheel was  discussed, I
read it with mild interest.  Now that I have a set of  metric taper wheels, I
wish I'd saved the info.  Could someone give me a  refresher course on this.
Thanks in Advance Jim B <unsnip>

I'm not sure that you really mean "metric" lug nuts.  Do you mean  "Bulge
seat" nuts, like those required for 80's Camaro aluminum wheels?   Corvairs all
use 7/16 wheel studs and to mount "bulge seat" wheels, all you have  to do is
go to a tire store and ask for 7/16 R.H. Bulge seat nuts, chrome or  plain.
The last chrome set I bought cost about $1 each.  They are  also available
on-line and if someone else doesn't dig up the Gorilla lug nut  number, I have it
somewhere. HTH
Craig Nicol