<VV> Sgl vs. Dual Exhaust

Bill Elliott corvair@fnader.com
Tue, 01 Feb 2005 13:33:07 -0600

I agree with Geoff. If you use modern duals, you really need a crossover pipe. Otherwise you loose too much low end and the exhaust sounds ratty. But if
you've priced 140 exhaust manifolds lately, you'll see this is not a cheap conversion unless you happen to have a decent pai sitting around collecting dust.

My two favorite exhaust systems for PG are either factory 140 duals or a single modern turbo muffler on the stock crossover. I've found the latter is the
cheapest to do, sounds the best, and provides equal (or possibly even better) to the factory duals.

Bill