<VV> Sgl vs. Dual Exhaust

Geoffrey Albert Clarke Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Tue, 01 Feb 2005 12:11:11 -0700

Doug,
Having recently done the same thing on mine.  Rebuilt my 64 110PG.  There
is a defnitite but slight  seat of the pants improvement in performance.
But not sure how much of that is going to a cam better suited to the power
band the engine runs at.  I used 140 exhaust manifolds and a set of dual
exhausts.  These are coupled with a "H" pipe between (kinda like a stock
single setup).  Exhaust sound is the same as with a singe setup. Not a lot
of power to be gained, but worth it if your old system is beyond hope.
HTH
Geoff Johnson

--On Tuesday, February 1, 2005 12:12 PM -0500 Doug Foust <doufou@msn.com>