<VV> RE: [fastvair] Corsa Membership

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa@shaw.ca
Thu Feb 3 19:18:45 EST 2005

At the risk of being slightly off topic, this is Fastvair after all....

And before somebody else points this out.  "Yes" I am listed as being on the Membership Committee, and I've done a lousey job, Life, as they say, got in the way.

Some of you may recall a couple of years ago I did a membership blitz in Western Canada and managed to sign up over 50 new members to CORSA.  The vast majority of them have tried CORSA and let their memberships lapse since then.  When I ask why they didn't continue to renew the most often heard answer was the Communique.

CORSA can do discount coupons, drives, offers, blitzes, etc, etc, etc until they're blue in the face.  But until the Communique is changed, in both appearance and content, you can bring all the new members to CORSA that you want, but if they don't like what they find, and to 90% of people that IS the Communique, then they're just not going to continue being members.

There.... that oughta get the ball rolling....

Regards,
Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: dfgiannotti@webtv.net [mailto:dfgiannotti@webtv.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 6:43 AM
To: fastvair@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [fastvair] Corsa Membership

  By now most of you have read Sarah Jones " President's Message "..Her
concern is the rapidly declining membership, approx. 300 lost last
year..
This is a concern, what can be done??
I would like to poll this group, then send
our suggestions on to the BOD..
  I will start if off...
       1. Hire or recruit a Publicity
           Chairman..
           Someone to promote Conventions,
           Track Events, Shows, etc. outside
           of Corsa.. Advertise Events in
           magazines, radio, newspapers,                 etc. Let the
general public know                we exist, basically we only
promote the Corvair Events within
           our ranks..Set a budget for outside
           advertising...
        2. Schedule printouts of Corsa                       Events
inserted in the MAY Issue
            for copy usuage..These could also             include
membership forms.....
            Flyers can be handed out at
Cruise-in's, Shows, etc.
       We are not getting the word out to                the general
public that we exist..
          Thats my .02 cents, whats yours??

     Dan

'Thanks & Giving.'