<VV> CORSA Membership

Ken Wildman k-wildman@onu.edu
Thu Feb 3 23:20:51 EST 2005

At 04:55 PM 2/3/2005, Western Canada CORSA wrote:
>FACT: CORSA lost 300 Members last year
>SUPPOSITION: One of the main causes is dissatisfaction with the Communique
>ASSERTIION: The Communique needs to be changed to attract AND KEEP new members
>
>If the above can proven to be TRUE then
>FACT: The status-quo will continue to result in a loss of members.
>
>Regards,
>Joel

So, you don't think that the fact that these cars have been out of
production for over 35 years, were in relatively low production as compared
with most Detroit marques, and were fairly low on the "pizzazz" side when
compared to muscle/pony cars, have unique service and parts issues, etc. ,
has nothing to do with the diminishing membership?

A.  I don't know how you "prove" or "disprove" your assertion.  How do you
count the folks who felt they were too old to continue the hobby, or who
passed on?
B.  Even if you manage to satisfy every single member with the magazine,
how do you stop the inevitable attrition of members and salvageable cars?

And regarding "satisfying every single member".  It can't be done.  Just
because you and some others don't care for one section, doesn't mean that
everyone agrees with you.  If the complaint is that covering all aspects of
the hobby makes some sections boring for you, well--   that's probably true
for everyone, except you'll never find agreement on which parts are
boring.   The solution is, of course, that YOU (collectively and
individually) contribute articles that aren't boring.   :)

Just a satisfied reader,

Ken