<VV> Re: Communique & CORSA Membership

Harry Jensen, CORSA Executive Secretary corsa@corvair.org
Thu Feb 3 23:22:10 EST 2005

Hi--

Allow me to point out the obvious: the content of the Communique is
directly proportional to those members who submit articles. If you want
more tech articles, write them. If you want more photographs, take them. If
you want articles on how to drive an autocross or compete in a rally, write
it.

This isn't meant to be a 'shot' at any one of you participating in this
discussion, but simply a statement of fact. But let me also make the
observation that if you are unwilling to contribute to make the Communique
better, then you are part of the problem and not part of the solution.

There are people on this list who have contributed a lot to the content of
the Communique: Bob Helt and Craig Nicol have contributed much need tech
material. Bill Stanley has contributed feature material. There are many
other people who have contributed to the content who are not on this list,
but should be recognized just the same. The David E. Davis article was
almost entirely due to the efforts of Mike McGowan. Dave Newell contributes
his historical perspective on many, many articles which have been published
including the recent feature on the obscure 1960 parking brake.

Regarding reprints from the Tech Guides: This material is **available** for
all those who want it. Most of the material was published already in the
Communique. If one would like to take a topic, say push-rod tube seals, and
write a comprehensive article which encompasses all the techniques
published in the past Communiques, I think that would be beneficial.

Virtually all of the articles submitted for publication get published. If
you have an article which was not published, resubmit it. The main reason
we do not publish an article is that some submissions like event reports
are submitted so late that the results are no longer relevant.

Take care....

--H