<VV> Re: Communique & CORSA Membership

Dr. Robert Hill dodgeshelby@earthlink.net
Thu Feb 3 23:46:44 EST 2005

Even though I have had many differences with some of the folks within CORSA,
I keep my membership if for no other reason, to try to ensure CORSA has a
future.  It is the ONLY national organization dedicated tot he Corvair and I
believe it is in the best interest for Corvair owners to support this
organization.

I know I will get flamed for what I am about to say but so be it.  Corvair
owners are going to have stop being so dang cheap that they won't spend $35
to support the organization that supports the car they enjoy.  (For every
collector car I own that has an organization dedicated to it I have a
membership in that organization.  Half the time I never even read the
magazine they send out or at best I only glance through it so obviously I
don't join for the publication.)  Corvair owners are going to have to stop
asking "what's in it for me?" and start asking "what can I do to make it a
better organization?"   If you want a better CORSA, become an ACTIVE
member - and active doesn't mean being a whiner.  It means stepping up to
the plate and participating.  Spend as much energy helping as you do
complaining.  Yes, I was a Board member and yes I quit before my term was up
and if I had to do it over I would not have quit - why? Because I can make a
difference sitting back complaining and I am being somewhat hypocritical by
doing so.  I realize I will most likely never get to be active in CORSA (I
pissed too many folks off :-)  ) but if given an opportunity, I would help
however I could because if we Corvair owners don't help, we are the losers.

I think Harry does a great job on t he magazine.  While I would like to see
changes in how CORSA does things, I still support the officers.  No one says
you have to agree with them 100% to support them.  And if you don't like the
way they do things, join CORSA, run for the BoD and make a difference.  But
quit your whining if you are going to do anything but whine!

There - flame me all you want now :-)

Bob