<VV> Communique & CORSA Membership

Keith Wells kewells@medscape.com
Thu Feb 3 23:32:24 EST 2005

I was surprised to hear of the membership decline. I was a lapsed
CORSA member for about six months after my first years membership
expired. I had to really think it over considering the membership
dues are $35.00 A year. For the same amount I belong to the
Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA), and enjoy a whole lot
more benefits. They have a tremendous web site and discounts on
insurance, car rentals, AvGas, etc....Also, anyone ever seen their
publication, AOPA Pilot? This is as slick and well featured as any
big publishing house title. I agree with others that the Communique
is really the centerpiece of CORSA membership and that revamping it
would retain a lot of members. I renewed more out of guilt than a
desire to retain the subscription...I get a lot more useful info
here on VV when I need it. I don't care about club events or meets,
what people had for dinner, or what the weather was like. I do really
appreciate the well written historical and technical articles that
appear in these pages(yes, parking brakes entertain me).It strikes me
that a good, glossy publication
 from an active and vital club makes our cars worth more, esp. when
selling one to a "vair newbie....Like I said, it was them damn
catalogues that suckered me into this, and should I foist the '63 off
on somebody else you bet I'll use copies of the communique to cover
up the rusty trunk floor and make the car look that much more
desirable. I suggest the editors look at AOPA Pilot or the
Experimental Aircraft Association's Sport Aviation magazines for some
ideas. These publications garner a lot of high dollar advertising
revenue....Seems like Eastwood, Harbor Freight or other companies
catering to the auto hobbyist would buy some space in there in an
effort to sell their wares....

Keith Wells
Winston Salem, NC

Sent by Medscape Mail: Free Portable E-mail for Professionals on the Move
http://www.medscape.com