<VV> a little broader reply from a young guy.

Ryan Verthein chevyd51@yahoo.com
Fri Feb 4 04:10:14 EST 2005

>VV is a recruiting tool for CORSA and maybe we do
need to do as
>one has
>already stated, that you need a CORSA Number to stay
on the list >after
>a 30
>day trial.

I think you'd probably lose even more members that
way.  I haven't joined because 35 bucks is a lot of
money, and honestly, I don't know much about what
CORSA has to offer...BUT, I am a member of the MN
chapter, and I love what we have...-lots of guys with
great knowledge, great little articles, ads...and
meetings once a month with a tech session...  seems
like a pretty good offering to me for 15 bucks a year.

I would REALLY be torn if someone told me I had to be
a member after 30 days to keep on VV.  I LOVE VV, but
that's a dirty way to play it if you ask me(and you
didn't).  I don't think any dirty pool has got to be
played to get members...there just needs to be some
sort of improvement, from what I see.

Interestingly enough, I'm thinking about becoming a
member now.  35 bucks is still pretty steep for
me...but I like supporting something that supports my
hobby-especially when it's one of the only ones
specifically for it.  It's the same concept as the
whole vendor thing...  and I would rather buy from a
Vair vendor even if it was a little more expensive
too.  Helping those that help you isn't just a nice
gesture-it keeps what we all love alive, and gives us
something to tell people about...a standard...people
like Clark's and Larry's.

I'm not trying to be a hypocrite either...I know, I'm
sort of on both sides of this...but being that what I
just said about supporting...even after I believe
that, and am still wondering whether or not I really
want to join at 35, I guess maybe it really is just
not enough bang for my buck.

Just a little last note...I'd love to write a tech
article, but I'm just not yet that technically smart
about this specific car. I can somewhat say from the
outside what it may need, cause I know what I would
want...but I'm not just whining.  Some of the
"whiners" just don't have the technical prowess to
write an article...but that doesn't mean they
shouldn't be there, or that I can't say whether or not
I think they should be there.

hmm, just somethin from a loud music teenager...

Ryan
65 Corsa Coupe

=====
And If I run away, would you bring me back to cloud 9?  S.O.C.