<VV> a little broader reply from a young guy.

SPYDER62 at aol.com SPYDER62@aol.com
Fri Feb 4 04:53:51 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/3/2005 8:12:01 PM Pacific Standard Time,
chevyd51@yahoo.com writes:

> I think you'd probably lose even more members that
> way.  I haven't joined because 35 bucks is a lot of
> money, and honestly, I don't know much about what
> CORSA has to offer...BUT, I am a member of the MN
> chapter, and I love what we have...-lots of guys with
> great knowledge, great little articles, ads...and
> meetings once a month with a tech session...  seems
> like a pretty good offering to me for 15 bucks a year.

 Yes,$35  is a lot in some ways, but still not much more than a tank of gas.
Then if you get hurt at the meeting or event your cover by CORSA not the
chapter. Without CORSA there would be no chapter.

> I would REALLY be torn if someone told me I had to be
> a member after 30 days to keep on VV.  I LOVE VV, but
> that's a dirty way to play it if you ask me (and you
> didn't).  I don't think any dirty pool has got to be
> played to get members...there just needs to be some
> sort of improvement, from what I see.

 Not dirty pool if stated up front, other sites work that way.

> Interestingly enough, I'm thinking about becoming a
> member now.  35 bucks is still pretty steep for
> me...but I like supporting something that supports my
> hobby-especially when it's one of the only ones
> specifically for it.  It's the same concept as the
> whole vendor thing...  and I would rather buy from a
> Vair vendor even if it was a little more expensive
> too.  Helping those that help you isn't just a nice
> gesture-it keeps what we all love alive, and gives us
> something to tell people about...a standard...people
> like Clark's and Larry's.

 Hope you do decide to join we need you and more like you. When I joined in
82 I'd just got married and money was real tight, new job, wife and house. The
Ex bitched every time the due check went out but I still sent it to support a
club I saw a need for. I just did without an extra night out or one less
weekend trip I did not need. Even then I only went to one event in over 15 years
never was close enough or could get the time off from work. I'll make my first
convention this year in Portland and it's about time.

hmm, just somethin from a loud music teenager...

Ryan

 I have one of them but he's in the Army now (82sd airborne) that I wish I
could get into vairs. Have gotten him into Datsun 510's at least. gggg
rich