<VV> An interesting thing.....

J R Read_HML hmlinc@sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 4 05:24:51 EST 2005

happened on the way to get an answer to an eBay question.

It turns out the fellow who has an item for sale owns (basically built) a
Corvair powered plane.  It is hangared in a little town in Wisconsin, just
10 miles from where I go ice racing.  In fact, I go through Hartford, WI on
my way to Lake Sinississippi.

His web site is a little quirky and sometimes you need to "refresh" in order
to move around.  But, I think you would (almost all) enjoy a visit there.

I note that he claims painting pushrod tubes white helps to keep heat away
from the cylinders.  Don't know if I buy that one or not.

But, it is QUITE a project and looks good!  I MAY see it in person soon.

Maybe I'll get him to write an article for Communique?  Oh - I'm now
officially OFF that topic!

THE LINK IS: http://mywebpage.netscape.com/n886mj/homepage.html  Did you
notice the CAPS?

Later, JR