<VV> Communique

Rick & Janet Norris rickjanet@charter.net
Fri Feb 4 12:59:18 EST 2005

And here's what I think he thought...err..oh...uh..I forgot!

I have been in and out of Corvairs since day one. I have also had a hand in
doing the early newsletter when it was lick, stick and fold for our then 600
members. I have over the years contributed articles and photos and still do.
I too have always grabbed the Communique as soon as it arrived and headed to
my favorite "reading room". I have always read it cover to cover even if the
article did not particularly interest me. I like to be knowledgeable.
I've seen the dues, like everything else keep going up. Hell, it costs a
small fortune to belong to the SCCA!
The dues we pay covers a lot more things than meets the eye at first and
some of that has been covered here.
My experience with many, many organizations has been the same, There is a
core group that keeps things going and a lot of others who benefit from it
but don't contribute much. Everyone wants to know what's in it for them,
that's human nature. A lot of the time they are the first ones to jump
straight up and complain too. Again that's just the nature of some people.
If your an isolated Corvair parts hoarder there doesn't seem to be much
benefit in belonging but if your an avid Convention going, racer, restorer,
modeler, vendor, read participant then the benefits are more tangible.
I do not see a problem overall with the Communique and yes, I'm an "Old
Guy". (And you thought I just smelled that way!)
I think all of this reflects the ebb and flow of life. I'm a happy camper!
(And remember, the truly insane always appear happy!)

Rick Norris
First President CORSA 1971
Email rickjanet@charter.net
Web Site http://webpages.charter.net/corvairalley