<VV> An interesting thing.....

Shaun shaun_mcgarvey@shaw.ca
Sat Feb 5 03:57:40 EST 2005

I don't usually get too (to,two?) picky...but:

From: "Dave Morris" <BigD@DaveMorris.com>

>  In fact, the Pietenpol was maybe the first airplane designed to
> be used with a Corvair engine decades ago. >

Pietenpol Aircampers first flew in 1929 with Model A Ford engines. They were
not  originally designed to be used with a Corvair engine.

> We paint the pushrod tubes white because Richard Finch in his book "How to
> keep your Corvair alive" suggests that as a way to prevent leaks around
the
> o-rings.

No no no. The white ceramic paint is on the tube so that the heat from the
exhaust manifold passing nearby is not transferred to the oil returning to
the sump via the tubes. It is to keep the oil cooler, nothing to do with
leaks.

yea, Vairily ... Shaun