<VV> made some okay progress today..

Ryan Verthein chevyd51@yahoo.com
Sat Feb 5 04:42:35 EST 2005

Well, I worked on the 'Vair slash did a major cleanup
for about 6 hours today.  that was a lot of fun...I
love being able to just be alone on a nice sunny warm
day and be left to think...feels refreshing.

So, I put together an inventory of all of the crud
that I have...a few real gems I'm proud to have found
in that big ol trunk o' mine.  check it out..

-Set of 4 Chevrolet chrome hubcaps (they don't fit any
of my rims..)
-Bellhousing for something(not a clue what engine it
fits.)
-Rear grill(no grill inserts anymore...)
-Brand-spanking-new motor mount(I was REALLY happy
about this)
-Turbo chrome shields
-Heat shrouding for the turbo engine
-2, count em 2 alternators(that are both pretty needy)
-NOS Main body wiring harness(which I plan on
installing!!!)
-LOTS of misc. bolts/nuts/washers
-Good belt tensioner/pully
-Rear window lower outer chrome
-Front bumper(with brackets still tightly on
it...another happy moment)
-Various fuel lines for who-knows-what (some for the
turbo for sure)
-Fan/blower pully
-What appears to be a rear suspension piece
   (and a note to myself that says"possibly the one
thats MISSING")
-2 Starters (one for the 110, and one for the turbo, I
presume)
-110 engine
-2 Distributors
-Rocker/sill covers(in REALLY good cond., and I think
2 sets)
-Original GM windshield washer(and coolant GGG) bottle
mounted.
-Heat shrouds for 110
-Turbo air/fuel pipe
-Inner rear window molding

I think that's it.  I found ONE shock absorber, NOS
1969, and noticed the guy that drove it only installed
one.  So I'm going to use the NOS one, and not worry
about it. just as soon as that penetrating oil kicks
in, and I find another breaker bar for the bottom
through-bolt on the original shock.( I broke the one I
was using...gotta love chinease cheap stuff)

I did quite a bit of cleaning around the garage...took
everything out of the trunk and laid it out nicely so
I could do inventory and vacuum out the trunk.  then I
put it all back in nicely, and I'm proud of the clean
job I did :-D.  got everything there organized and in
a spot(even put the drivers seat back in its place and
sat there for ten minutes acting like I was shifting,
and making vroom noises...ah to be alone...shameless)

OH!  and I almost forgot...I found some completely
un-scathed pillow wrapping...from when the person
bought them.  Looks like they're from the 60's(when
else...)...probably been in there since then.  They
were tucked under the pass side between the wheel well
and the top of the body in that crevice)  They've got
a lady on front, and some nice bubbles that say like
"Pure foam filling!"(as if it would be fake foam?) and
"Resits heat(hey, maybe you could cover those pushrods
with this stuff?  haha)
Great stuff.

Anyway, thanks for the bandwidth. I really do
appreciate this place.  Hope some people enjoy this
:-D

for-a-vair,
Ryan
65 Corsa Coupe

=====
And If I run away, would you bring me back to cloud 9?  S.O.C.