<VV> Corsa Membrship

Douglas Dunlap DDUNLAP3@twcny.rr.com
Sat Feb 5 17:49:04 EST 2005

I have belonged to Corsa for five years and I would continue member
ship even if the membership dues increased and put the Magazine on
line. (Although a choice would be good ). The knowledge, friends,
entertainment and down right good time I have being a member of The
central New York Corvair Club and Corsa Make the dues look like
nothing. It is more that worth the money spent. (Has any one priced
college tuition and books lately?) How ever There is nothing like
receiving that magazine in the mail smelling and touching those nice
glossy pages. Corsa has done a fine job of protecting those pages with
that nice protective cover ( the inside color cover being one of my
favorite parts of the mag).  I feel that on line Communique will make
it easier for members to drift away and some have reported just that
but that may be due to magazines and news letters being available even
if dues have not been payed current. I would love to see an annual or
semi annual special Communique and would pay extra to get it. Many
hobby magazines do that. They have featured articles  colored photos
all through it . It would a beautiful thing.
To get more members is a proactive thing YOU need need to participate
in. Corsa or you local club president can't do it for you.
Mentor some one a son, nephew, grandson, friend, neighbor get them in
the car early let them drive, tell them how fun it is to do Corvair
things with them. If need be join other mixed car clubs with them even
if they don't buy a corvair your net work will grow and some one else
will see that Corvair.I could go on and on. A few things to remember.
You can't please all the people all the time only part of the people
part of the time. and Don't expect things to change if you are doing
the same thing over and over. You have to do some thing different if
you want some thing different to happen. We can do great things
especially if we don't care who gets the credit. My corvair/Corsa club
is my sanity and some times my insanity but I would not have it any
other way.
Doug Dunlap VP
CNYCC
Recall Chairman