<VV> Engine misfire - coincidence or ...?

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Sat Feb 5 16:40:35 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/5/05 9:28:40 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
guusdehaan@wanadoo.nl writes:

> So what could cause my problems?
>
> - Bad Ignitor?
> - Bad harmonic balancer?
> - Bad timing light?
>
> I'm thinking about installing some points but is there a way to test
> the balancer and timing light as well?
>
> Any other suggestions concerning the misfire?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Guus de Haan

Hi Guus,
Yes, temporarily reinstall the points, The HD has a 3/8 inch long cut mark on
its face that goes between the hub and outer ring. This mark should tell you
if the outer ring has slipped (both halves of the mark should line-up if the
HD is good).
Try another timing light.

Are you sure you're #1 wire?

Regards,