<VV> white pushrod tubes

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Sat Feb 5 16:29:46 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/5/05 8:29:03 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
s10birdman1966@yahoo.com writes:

> So if someone said ' my 65 110/4 ran between 280 and 310 for a week,around
> town; after swapping 1/2 painted exhaust tubes,it's now running
> 260-290',,that wouldn't be valid? I've not seen lab results on lower shroud removal
> lowering engine temp,but everyone agrees it does..the proof's in the pudding..Tom

Tom,
On the second subject, you should take a look at the CORSA Technical Guide or
my book, The Classic Corvair. Both of these dicuments list the "Lab Tests"
done by Chevrolet on temperature changes resulting from removing the lower
shrouds (plus the results of other attempts to lower engine temperatures). There is
your proof!

On the first subject, in my opinion, that might be a piece of information. A
data point, but NOT conclusive evidence. I would want to know how this was
measured, Were the test conditions the same for both tests, the conditions under
which the temeratures were  measured, and the ambient temperatures for all
tests. And not to question a person's integrity, but I'd also like to have a
witness to verify the results.

Regards,
Bob Helt