Danger from RTV?? Re: <VV> heating the oil

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB@aol.com
Sun Feb 6 16:24:44 EST 2005

Bob and Bob,
    As I understand it, silicone rubber RTV used in sealing any engine parts
can have a BAD effect on any oxygen sensor installed in the exhaust system.
So, if you've got EFI or even intend to install it later, it would be wise to
avoid using any silicon containing material that can ultimately end up fouling
the O2 sensor used to control the EFI.
    Regards,
    Frank Burkhard