<VV> Fuel-Level Sender Fixed; Bent Arm

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Sun Feb 6 20:34:47 EST 2005

Two people (NicolCS and MoVair) have asked for a detailed description of how
I corrected the problem I reported a couple of weeks ago of a new fuel-level
sender from Clark's that drove the needle on my fuel gauge inaccurately on
my 66 Corsa. I bent the float arm. I will report the details to the two
people who asked for them, and the Technical Editor of the Communique
chooses to carry it, it will appear in a future issue.
     I am convinced that the correcting procedure sent to me by Clark's when
I inquired of them on this matter, would have been ineffectual. They said to
bend the tabs that set the range of movement for the float arm. I did not do
this.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C