<VV> Re: age question plus opinions

John Dozsa jdozsa@carr.org
Mon Feb 7 15:07:47 EST 2005

Age 62.  Joined CORSA in the early '70's.  My Corvair interest has had
it's up's and downs. I stuck with CORSA through some awful political
bickering years.  I dropped out of CORSA for a few years and rejoined
because of VV.  The discount coupon was what motivated me to re-join.
Still have the '65 Corsa coupe I bought new. Our local chapter
(Baltimore) is in membership trouble, once a vibrant group with a full
schedule of annual events it's now mostly a "boys night out" social
club.  I'm the defacto president because no one else wants the job.  I
was a charter member 30+ years ago and attribute the current lack of
interest to years of Corvair collectors being self sufficient.  As a
group we did little to promote the Corvair in other car clubs and
events.  Corvair interest or lack of interest seems to be a regional
issue.  Some areas of the country are just have more collector car
interest.  CORSA needs to promote the Corvair nationally, a long term PR
campaign to build a following.  It should be professionally planed by
someone with marketing experience.  It needs to be nationally attention
getting. Something like getting Ralph into Warren's Thomas/Roe car for a
spin around the track. The Wall Street Journal article mentioning the
Corvair got my chapter and CORSA a new member.  The new member bought a
"little old ladies" car at the Fall Carlisle Car Show and found us via a
Google search.  Stabilizing and growing Corvair interest can only come
by preaching to other than the quire.  My 2 cents.

John Dozsa