<VV> moaning

James Davis jld@wk.net
Mon Feb 7 15:52:59 EST 2005

The modifications to the gas heater is detailed in the September, 1960
issue of the Service News.  As I do not have any issue before October 1960,
I will include the December, 1960 notes for the Corvair 95.  "To reduce
combustion noise two tuning holes must be drilled in the gasoline heater
exhaust pipe.  The holes should be 1/8 inch in width and 1/4 inch
long.  The first hole should be 1/2 inch past the 70 degree bend and one
inch before the cross frame clamp.  The second hole is located 1/2 inch
past the cross frame clamp."   As I remember it, it was the upper clamp;
but obviously, it is the lower clamp.  As I have a gas heater in a FC, it
doesn't matter where; but it would in a car.
Jim Davis