<VV> age

bub049 at comcast.net bub049@comcast.net
Mon Feb 7 20:57:14 EST 2005

57 here....58 in may. vair 'conscious' since 63 when dad hauled home a 60 with the engine in a basket for me to fix for my sister to drive to school. she kept driving them and i had to keep fixing them. I gave up and let dad give me his 64 700 sedan in 1971 to drive to work. after I drove one for a while it was all over! CORSA since 72. founder of Corvair Minnesota in 72. got son and one of his buddies into Vairs (35 and 37). Son's fiance wants me to find her a 62 Monza convert. Actually, I think the 'kid' decided to like Vairs because he realized that he would be inheriting the pole barn full of cars and parts, so he may as well make the best of it. still have the 63 spyder convert i got in 74.also a 63 500 coupe, 62 Monza sedan with A/C and a tired Lakewood. And...I wish the early 70s were back again when people used to give me Vairs for free. I wish I had some of those cars back again........reading my VV digests everyday is something I always look forward to. One of the 'cool points' in my life was meeting  Hank (imposing figure!) at the Gettysburg battlefield with the beautiful Wonda and meeting the Chuckster last year in Kentucky. I would pay dues to belong to this group.......

Bob Johnston
Frostbite Falls, MN