<VV> AGE.

Bruce Blackmon Bruce Blackmon" <blackmon@llano.net
Tue Feb 8 05:33:01 EST 2005

I may as well get in this. Age 52, 53 in early March. 1st vair, a 63 500, age
17, paid for it my self, $200, bought it from a friend of my older brother,
that was trade-in price from the local Buick dealership that I later worked
for, for 9 years. Mom and Dad must have heard something about rollovers,
talked me into a 66 Malibou, not a good one, 283. 3 speed on the column, hated
it. Next one was a 66 Monza with AC, red/red, beautiful car, low milage, Drs.
car. Wrecked it a year later. Local corvair mech. had a shell of a 65 Corsa
Sprint, yellow/black, blown motor. Offered to take the 140/4 out and put it in
the sprint, and get her running good, for what was left of the 66, still had
lots of good parts and the interior. Took the deal, drove that one for 3 years
till it developed some engine problems, storage, and now a 63 Chevy II wagon,
283/2 auto, loved that one too till it started smoking, and fouling plugs.
Time for a vair again.  I found a 65 Monza vert, 110/4 in a used car lot in
very sad shape, but always wanted a vert. This one was also different,
something called a Rally, it may have been home made, but it had a different
dash than a standard Monza. A large rally clock, with a sweep second hand just
3 gauges, all the same size. Anyone ever hear of this? Borrowed some money
from the bank, bought the vert, found a GOOD Corvair mech who would pull the
drivetrain out of the Sprint, rebuild it, and put it in the vert, for the
Sprint body, and the drivetrain out of the vert. He was the one that built me
one good motor. Had that one till 83 or 4, and had to sell it to finish
school. Remained Vairless till I got back here what, 4 years ago, and now have
3. 61 Lakewood, 65 Corsa, 65 Monza vert, again! I'm back, and not going
anywhere. I must pay homage to the Jedi Master of Vairdom Tony Fiore. Hang in
there Tony, glad you are still here, and hope for long time to come. BRUCE