<VV> Age

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Wed Feb 9 05:02:15 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/8/2005 8:27:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mhicks130@cox.net writes:

> Oh my god - I'm in heaven right now.  I recently joined Corsa even though I
> don't currently own one right now (we used to  - back in the early '80s).  I
> was in the not-driven-a-corvair- (at least recently) club - until tonight!
> A guy I know let me drive his '65 Corsa Coupe.  Wow, all the old memories
> came back.  What fun.  I'll tell you though, even though I have no recollection
> of problems with Corvair brakes, these were a lot different from my minivan's
> power assisted disk brakes.  I really had to push to make them work.  Once I
> figured that out it was fine.  And man is that steering wheel big.  And the
> windshield is so close. It was noisier than I remember (of course we had a
> 4-door 110 powerglide with factory exhaust and his is a 140 4 speed with
> headers) and maybe a little smaller too but it was fun.  I've got to get one again.
>

> Oh yeah, I'm 45 - but I was in my early 20's when I first had a Corvair.
>
> mike

Way to go!   This will insure you buy FIRST  a car the is a driver or can be
quickly....then you can get a "Big Project" if desired!

Your  feelings of 60's cars..is normal...

Believe me..after a few good long runs / trips...it's all come back....A
MAN'S  car!  ggggg

I've got my 1st "stocker"  a '69  with 54k  miles.....I've even left little
13" wheels on it...

I have..with practice,   learned it's limits......and have gained the respect
of many in the local area.....as most never thought a Corvair could go as
fast as it can...and not slow for most corners....then come to a halt as quick as
they can.....

Now it's time for 8"  sticky  rubber!

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V