Fwd: <VV> 66 am / fm radio question (multiplex)

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn@aol.com
Wed Feb 9 17:13:47 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/9/2005 2:24:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jsconiers@mac.com writes:

> virtualvairs@corvair.org

To add to Seth's info, There was also a rear (single) speaker option.  The
fader was behind the tuning knob.  On my '65 Corsa it sits under a raised metal
grill that was attached to the center of the cardboard shelf.  The speaker
shelf had cardboard spacers to raise it above the regular shelf for the speaker
basket.  It was held in place with the same type of screws that were used to
install the regular shelf.  (The '65 Corsa was built in CA).  On my '68 Monza
(which I bought new in Germany--but it was built in Willow Run NOT in Europe) I
had a single rear REVERB speaker that was located under the same flat metal
grills as used on other GM products, but unlike the '65 it was located on the
passenger side of the shelf.  The '68 GM manuals show the stereo rear speakers
mounted on the extra shelf the same way, but with two speakers instead of the
single one.

Bob Hall