<VV> Anybody interested in H.E.I. ignition, fuel injection,or cruise control.

sam pam and fam sgrabenhourst@charter.net
Thu Feb 10 04:01:38 EST 2005

My good friend is a little upset at me, he has been around my 63 vert project
long enough that he bought one of my other vert projects from me for himself.
You know what they say about association. Any way, he is a millright by trade
and takes it personally when someone says it cant be done. He is in the
process of building an HEI distributer for my car, it will clear the shroud
and the spare. As we know, the HEI is about the best electronic ignition ever
made, GM did something else right ( other than the Corvair ) when they brought
this out. He would like to know how much interest there would be in the part
if it was marketed. A new or rebuilt distributer with new custom made spark
plug wires. You would have to purchase your own cap, rotor, and coil from your
local parts store, or he can offer it ready to drop in if you do not want to
mess with getting the other parts. I also would like to get an idea of what
value ,monitarily, this would be worth to you. After he gets this worked out
he also will be working on a throttle body fuel injection system that would be
practical as well as economical. That was my idea. I just got through doing a
complete tuneup, belt, and fuel filter as well as balancing the carbs ,(
something I have never done before ), and  as I was pondering how long it had
been since I last set a point gap, it really hit me on how nice it is to get
into a car and turn the key and go. No choke to set, no gas to pump. It would
be really easy to instal a remote start as well. My vert will also have cruise
control, with a signal generator provideing a signal. No magnet on the
driveline and no computer needed. It is digital, with no vacuum needed. It
will also have a steering wheel mount control switch, like modern cars.
Anybody interested in that let me know.

Sam,

63 Monza Coupe, auto. Daily driver,
63 vert project,