<VV> Swimsuit Issue of Communique

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Thu Feb 10 05:26:54 EST 2005

Folks

I actually was serious.

 (I didn't reply but will be 48 in 2 weeks--I guess many of us in that age group aren't responders)

As many my age and older remember, Mechanics usually had a nice supply of "girlie calendars", usually supplied by the tool companies, and also by oil distributors, etc.  The latest ones, Snap On and MAC, MATCO and others have the girls dressed and showing little but some leg and minor cleavage. Smart looking pictures, and nothing that would embarass anyone.

Political Correctness, Feminisim, and "those changing times" have made the "girlie calendars" Antique. One would have to go to "Easyriders" or other (outlaw)motorcycle magazines to find what I would REALLY like to see in a Corvair Swimsuit Calendar. But I value my life, so one of those is not likely to ever see the light of day.

 Some distributors have calendars that show women in evening gowns, complete with elbow length gloves and expensive jewelery, along side classics (Pierce Arrow, Cord, Auburn, Dusenberg), Sporty (Porsche,Ferrari, Lambo's) Muscle(Mustangs,Camaro,etc), and other collections as well. These are very tastefully done, models are not anorexic looking nor buxom, merely average and pretty, nice make-up, etc.

IMO anyone, male or female, that would have a problem with that kind of a calendar, well I'll just leave it there.

As for TLH's idea of a 250lb limit for a "guy calendar",

 I think that leaves out everyone but TLH and Alan. Lonzo is about 95 lbs above, I am about 70 lbs above, Tony might be close.  NONE of us could lie, sprawl, etc on a Vair deck lid or trunk lid without causing damage IMO. But if you add Joe Robbins and a few others, we could make a hell of a foldout--In Fact, we probably could obliterate the car from view.

If anyone has pictures of a Vair--regardless of year/model, that they found in a barn or field, and would like to show them to me, feel free to forward them. I won't use them without your permission.

Also, if you think you know of someone who you would like to have pose in evening wear or a swimsuit with YOUR car, let me know that too. Off List Please!!!!

 At this point I am merely exploring.  Something to do besides cause trouble on the list(s).

Regards
HANK