<VV> Anybody interested in H.E.I. ignition, fuel injection,or cruise cont...

Kent Sullivan kentsu@corvairkid.com
Thu Feb 10 07:03:56 EST 2005

Dave Langsather of Dale Mfg. is selling a hybrid setup that uses the GM HEI
module with some Chrysler parts. The benefit is that the standard Corvair
distributor can be used (with modifications so no clearancing is needed of
engine sheet metal.

--Kent
-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org [mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 9:26 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Anybody interested in H.E.I. ignition, fuel injection,or
cruise cont...

In a message dated 2/9/2005 8:09:31 PM Pacific Standard Time,
sgrabenhourst@charter.net writes:

> He is in the
> process of building an HEI distributor for my car, it will clear the
> shroud and the spare. As we know, the HEI is about the best electronic
> ignition ever made, GM did something else right (other than the
> Corvair) when they brought this out. He would like to know how much
> interest there would be in the part if it was marketed.
**
*
This is already done by 2 or 3 people that I recall......they normally use
the 6 cyl. HEI external coil and just mount the pieces in our
distributor....others use the Chrysler system....either one..parts are cheap
and available everywhere.

You've made a good choice.....and a ready to install kit will always appeal
to most.

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V