Fwd: <VV> springs in HV carbs

Patten Del R Civ AFRL Det 8/PKMA del.patten@kirtland.af.mil
Thu Feb 10 14:52:53 EST 2005

By the way, Bob Ballew wrote a long article on that spring!!  Sold copies at
the Toss and donated the money to Corvanatics I think...he does all sorts of
interesting research on Corvairs and if you go to the Toss and it is your
first time, be sure to stop by his space and say hi...he always has good
stuff there to talk about!!  I think he and Bob Helt are doing great things
for our cars!!

  Del Patten...CNM

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org [mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of Louis C. Armer, Jr.
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 9:02 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: Fwd: <VV> springs in HV carbs

In this case, Ron referred to "a set of wire holders" and not the "normal
spring" you
see described and pictured as "spring-float control" item # 13 page 55 of
Clarks 2002-6 main catalog.
So Bob what about these wire holders Ron is referring to?

Chuck Armer
///////////////////////////////
At 10:29 PM 2/9/05 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 2/9/05 9:58:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
qcc65@charter.net
>writes:
>
> > virtualvairs@corvair.org
>
>Is this another case of "unecessary or spare parts" syndrome?  The springs
>should be used.  If you have problems with the carbs it won't be because
>of the
>float springs.
>
>Bob

Corvair Atlanta, BOD