<VV> Gas in Oil ..... Revisited

Nick Gier Corvair72387@cinci.rr.com
Thu Feb 10 22:17:14 EST 2005

Hi Everyone,

            Thanks to all who posted about the gas in oil thread a couple
weeks ago. I've put on a replacement fuel pump, checked the floats to see if
one had sunk (none had), checked the float needle seats(weren't loose),
checked the float heights ( were within specifications), however after doing
all this, the new oil I put in still smells like gas and has a thin
consistency. I was wondering whether driving the car when the chokes were
still closed would cause the engine to get flooded and let gas flow past the
rings. I live in Ohio where the temps are in the 20's and 30's and I drive
my corvair to school everyday which is less than a mile from my house. I
don't let the engine warm up, as I am usually running late, so I drive to
school with the chokes closed. Would this have anything to do with getting
gas in the oil? I'm running out of ideas here and any help would be much
appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Nick (17)

1965 Monza 110/PG ( Just turned 40)