<VV> Poodle skirting the Issue

Frog Princezz media_diva@sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 11 17:23:05 EST 2005

In the 60' s fashion went through a lot of changes... seems you old timers, then youngsters, were confused! ;)
The fashion during the time of Corvair production went from bouffants to stick straight hair and afros, the guys did the crew cut and the Beatles shaggy hair thing and afros too. The box pleat skirt and shift dresses started the rise of the hem line in the early 60's only to shuttle in the mini skirt by the mid 60's.The 3/4 length sleeve came in early out which made way for the sleeveless top by mid 60.  Also at the start of the 60's seamless tight/pantihose came into play so those now considered sexy seamed stockings were on their way out.  The turtleneck seemed to be very popular from early out.
The culotte gave women the comfort of a pant with the look of a skirt and Pucci made his debut around this era.  And let's not forget the baby doll dress!
The nehru jacket, hotpants, bellbottoms, capes, peasant skirts and love beads were all the rage.
Did I mention the MOD ERA with it's go-go boots, maxi coats, micro-mini skirts and pvc vinyl clothing?

This has been a moment in fashion... thank you and good night.

Alesia

Subject: Poodle skirts, was: <VV> Swim suit issue

Since poodle skirts went out with tailfins, you'd have to use an early
Corvair in the picture. A VERY early Corvair..... (G)

And considering the ages of many of the CORSA membership's wives, even
THEY would admit that a poodle skirt would be preferable to many of the
swimsuits.... Unless of course you are thinking about their daughters.
;o)

-Mark