<VV> Poodle skirting the Issue

Dennis Nichols dixiehwy25@yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 17:57:40 EST 2005

For my money, I'll take an early sixties ad look. She wearing a tight skirt, heels and sweater, he wearing sort jacket, narrow brim fedora, and tie- smoking a pipe.

Put'em next to a Lakewood watching throughbreds in a field. Rob and Laura Petrie gone for a drive to Saratoga!

Take a look at your 1961 sales folder.... or dig that family in the Accesories catalog... people may have actually worn evening clothes while driving a Corvair. I've got one photo of a woman in an evening gown in the back seat of the new-for-1961 Monza sedan, no doubt demonstrating how pleasntly spacious the back seat had become with this new 4-door Corvair variety.

Frog Princezz <media_diva@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
In the 60' s fashion went through a lot of changes... seems you old timers, then youngsters, were confused! ;)

"Every time a man gets in his car it should be a vacation"- Harley Earl

Dennis Nichols    CORSA, CKC

1961 Lakewood 700 98/3

Interested in wagons? lakewood700@yahoo.com