<VV> Poodle skirting the Issue (No Corvair)

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Fri Feb 11 18:31:35 EST 2005

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:23:05 -0800 (PST), Frog Princezz wrote:

>In the 60' s fashion went through a lot of changes... seems you old timers, then youngsters, were confused! ;)
>The fashion during the time of Corvair production went from bouffants to stick straight hair and afros, the guys did the crew cut and the Beatles shaggy
hair thing and afros too. The box pleat skirt and shift dresses started the rise of the hem line in the early 60's only to shuttle in the mini skirt by the mid
60's.The 3/4 length sleeve came in early out which made way for the sleeveless top by mid 60.  Also at the start of the 60's seamless tight/pantihose came
into play so those now considered sexy seamed stockings were on their way out.  The turtleneck seemed to be very popular from early out.
>The culotte gave women the comfort of a pant with the look of a skirt and Pucci made his debut around this era.  And let's not forget the baby doll dress!
>The nehru jacket, hotpants, bellbottoms, capes, peasant skirts and love beads were all the rage.
>Did I mention the MOD ERA with it's go-go boots, maxi coats, micro-mini skirts and pvc vinyl clothing?
>
>This has been a moment in fashion... thank you and good night.
>
>Alesia

Let's not forget that the miniskirt was influenced by AND named after the car (Mini and Mini Cooper) and in 1988 Mini repaid the favor with a limited Mary
Quant edition:

http://www.turkys.com/wht.html

On the fashion thing... my 91-year old father-in-law who lives with us was invited to a 50th Wedding Anniversary and was embarassed that his "good suit"
was 3 button. He was much amused after I pulled out the last three suits I've purchased to show him that he was now back on the cutting edge.... ;-)

Bill