<VV> Engine OVERHAUL-real corvair content

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Sat Feb 12 05:08:54 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/11/2005 8:56:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
shaun_mcgarvey@shaw.ca writes:

> Hi Chris, my take on this is that he's replacing those parts, he's just
> charging you extra for them. Nobody would do "Overhaul engine complete"
> without replacing these parts.
>
> yea, Vairily ... Shaun
>
> >Overhaul engine complete (out of car)
> >(Includes valve job - both heads)
> >(Parts not included above: pistons, valves, valve guides, cam &gear).
> >Thanks
> >
> >Chris

******

We discussed this last year......in America..to a mechanic over 50 yrs.
Overhaul is when you do NOT  Bore / regrind...just replace /  refinish [grind
valves]all wearable   "replaceable"  parts....

In a water cooled GM of the 60's that included the timing chain as well...

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V