<VV> kovacs' convention list

kovacsmj kovacsmj@sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 12 14:15:11 EST 2005

Thanks Bob, No offence was ever taken, and now the Green car is Yellow.

I don't remember much about the banquet, before food? After food? It is
interesting how some military training takes over when in a crisis
situation. I never got to thank those who helped that night. So anybody
who was there that night and helped, THANKS.

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf Of Robert Marlow,
Vairtec Corp.
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 5:13 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> kovacs' convention list

At 04:38 PM 2/11/2005, kovacsmj wrote:

>  Second was Parsippany '84, took the '69 Fitch Sprint. Won best in
> show.  Bob Marlow remembers, it was bright Green then.

I remember well!  At Parsippany we conducted the Concours on Saturday,
the
logic being that this was the best day to take advantage of general
public
interest.  This required a significant effort to conclude scoring of the

event, and verification of the scores, prior to the banquet.

We made it -- but, while eating dinner, it just seemed to me that Mike's

car might not be best in show.  I knew the car, and that green paint was

off-putting to me.  So, in the midst of dinner, several of us snuck out
and
triple-checked the high-scoring cars.  Mike's won, fair and square.
Sorry
for doubting it, Mike!

I also remember the Detroit banquet well.  Mark Corbin should, too.  I
was
the emcee, and Mark was making a presentation when the unfortunate Dr
Collins suffered his heart attack.  Some very anxious moments, sadly
with
an unhappy outcome.

--Bob

Robert W. Marlow