<VV> Conventions

bub049 at comcast.net bub049@comcast.net
Sat Feb 12 15:54:02 EST 2005

Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 20:59:32 -0600
To: <kaczmarek@charter.net>, <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
From: Dennis & Debbie Pleau <ddpleau@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: <VV> Conventions

I have to agree with Hank, my folks have a cabin by lake Tahoe and Debbie
has a timeshare there.  I'd love to go out every summer and hang out at the
Lake, but... We started going to CORSA conventions for our summer vacations
in the early 90's.  We've seen parts of the country we'd never seen if it
wasn't for CORSA conventions.  CORSA conventions bring us to parts of the
country we never would have though of going too.  We always take a few
extra days and see the local sites before the Convention begins.

Anyone want to buy a Prime week  timeshare at Heavenly Valley?

Dennis

I also have to agree. After we started going to CORSA conventions again in 2001, the CORSA convention has become the family summer vacation. We also take extra days to explore the sights in the convention area and to visit relatives that may be in the area. This year we will spend extra time in Seattle visiting with relatives we haven't seen for several years. My lovely wife, who "tolerated" my Corvair addiction in the 70s, has come to realize I may never change and has whole heartedly bought into the CORSA convention vacation plan. In fact, thie time she was after me before Christmas to make the hotel reservations because she did the Portland research and wanted to ensure we had a room in the host hotel. The trip planning has turned into a family thing and I have found that there are cool things to see besides the best Corvairs in the country and mountains of desirable Corvair parts that I covet.
I, like Unca Lonald, am also a railroad fan. I hope to pick his brain for a list of short line/logging railroad sites to see. The Oregon countryside is gorgeous.

Just MHO.

Bobj
Frostbite Falls, MN