<VV> newly presented ULTRAS Part2

J R Read_HML hmlinc@sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 12 18:23:53 EST 2005

The car itself is Not a Monza.  It started out life as 1966 Aztec Bronze
500.  It was already red when we bought it.  Well, at least where there was
actual metal.  The front cowl below the bumper was only partially there.  So
we fixed that with some expanding foam, crafting with a razor blade, and a
can of rattle paint.  At this point, I think we've used about six cans of
paint trying to keep it red in most places.

When we first got it and wanted to send a picture to the insurance was when
most of the paint went on.  We could not buff that up to a shine in some
places, so we got the car wet all over with the garden hose and took the
shot.  It looks real shinny in that picture.

The car has a rather strange interior.  Most of it is black, but the carpet
is dark blue.  Donated from my convert when I freshened it up a couple of
years ago.  The driver seat is a '65 blue passenger seat (lever on rt) and
the driver gets the Cadillac seat belt.  I think the passenger belt is a
normal Corvair one.  The passenger seat and the rear seats are black - but
front is a '66 (maybe even the original) and rears are '65 - as are the door
panels which are from a Monza (so maybe this make it fit the Monza
category?).

The dash is Corsa and the passenger side dash was Monza, but when you opened
the glove box, there wasn't any.  Well, we gradually improve the car as we
go along.  So, last year it got a Corsa glove box, including the actual
(used of course) cardboard.

Someone asked about a picture and I could send 2 or 3 to someone who has a
place to post them.  Or, there might be pictures of this car from race day
at Blackhawk Farms Raceway - just before the 2001 convention.  That is
Another story.  Maybe I'll send that one to the Communique??

Later, JR