<VV> Paint and bodywork..my misery.(some vair content)

Ryan Verthein chevyd51@yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 01:45:31 EST 2005

this might be long, but I'll try to way shorten it up.

Thought the original color was Sierra Tan Poly, and
Simulated Vinyl top black.  didn't look til just
yesterday, when I found out the car was actually
originally Cypress Green Poly. (J-J)  It's amazing to
me though, how much the car had been completely gone
over...EVERYTHING was now matched as if the car was
originally a Sierra tan, black top, fawn interior...
but, if you look at some of the places on the
car...they didn't even strip first!  Whoever did the
job on the car, primed over the Cypress Green, and
painted it Sierra Tan, and Black.  But yet matched
everything on the car, and painted everything that was
green to the new colors.

More odd things about it, is that...the people who
repainted it apparently went bondo happy because most
of( almost all of) the pass. side rear quarter has
about two millimeters of bondo, for no apparent
reason( a good check and knock from the engine
compartment shows the metal is all flawless...no
dents, no holes)  But that's not all...it's also on
top of the rear quarter(also, for no reason that my
buddies and I can tell) and on the front pass side
quarter.  It's like they ran out of primer and used
bondo.  I know, that sounds dumb...but it's all I can
think of that makes SOME sort of sense(not even
that...mostly just the only thing I could come up
with)

So now I'm thinking about getting a media blast just
to see what more for surprises this car really has
going on it in the way of body work.  I guess there's
a place a couple miles from here that will media blast
AND prime for like 700 bucks  (my buddy said the guy
he knew, knew the guys there, and they quoted him
500...but he was a buddy...so who knows if I'm even
close)

The only part that's gonna suck is taking everything
off the car.  which leads to a couple
questions...like...Do I have to remove all
windows/windshields?... and also, would it be even
worth it to just do the body(not the underside, but
maybe the engine compartment and trunk)?

There might be more as I think of it...but for now, I
hope this completely vexes you as it has me <GGG>
nothing like complete nonsense to get the curiosity
flowing.

Ryan V.
65 Corsa Coupe...No, wait...not just Sno-Covered...but
everything else as well!

=====
And If I run away, would you bring me back to cloud 9?  S.O.C.