<VV> Finding a Pilot Bushing & Broken Vendor Promises

Greenbrier Goon greenbriergoon@yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 21:04:06 EST 2005

The ongoing nightmare of the 4 speed conversion continues.

Back in November I ordered the parts needed for my latest fix of the problems with my 4 speed conversion in my 1963 Greenbrier.

I thought I ordered the parts with plenty of time to arrive by the 4 day Thanksgiving weekend, but aparenty I was wrong.  It took 2 weeks for the parts to get to me so that was the first weekend wasted. Apparently a week and a half passed before the parts were even shipped.

My next "free" weekend was in mid-January.  That is when I discovered by chance that the incorrect pilot bushing had been sent to me.  This was now the second weekend wasted.

The vendor that sent me the bad bushing promised to send the correct one right out to me.  Shipping time should only be about 2 days from that location to me, but by the next weekend nothing had arrived.  Weekend number 3 wasted.

So I call them on the following Tuesday.  They stated that they just sent it out the day before (?)  I don't know why it took so long, but at this point I was getting too angry to argue.  I just wanted the damn part.

Well, this weekend is here and I STILL don't have my &%*! bushing.  This is now the forth weekend down the crapper and my FC is still sitting ass-end-up in the driveway and undrivable.

I guess my question is: IS THERE A VENDOR OUT THERE WHO HAS THE CORRECT, NON-MAGNETING CLUTCH PILOT BUSHING IN STOCK RIGHT NOW AND (and this is the most important part) WILL SHIP IT THE DAY I PLACE THE ORDER FOR IT?

I like my Greenbrier, but if I can't depend on a reliable source of parts, I might have to go back to Volkswagens.

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm