<VV> Headlight confusion

Bob & Kathy Gilbert bgilbert@redshift.bc.ca
Mon Feb 14 02:24:07 EST 2005

What is really odd is I had exactly the same problem with my Canadian 66
convertible. As I got the car in a zillion pieces I just assumed that
somebody had monkied with the car. I finally got a matching set of 66
hardware all around.
Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org [mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of N. Joseph Potts
Sent: February 13, 2005 2:25 PM
To: Les; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: RE: <VV> Headlight confusion

So, you can't put stuff back ON the car that you took OFF the car?
     It sounds like you have a 1966~69 bucket on the right side and a 1965
bucket on the left side. It also sounds like you have 1966~69 backing plates
on both sides (although you didn't describe your left backing plate). I
don't know if your car could have been assembled this way (with one
"precocious" bucket?). Check again to see if both buckets are original
installation. I believe the bezels themselves are the same 1965~1969.
     Don't know what to tell you to do other than replace parts (buckets or
backing plates) so as to gain compatibility between each bucket and its
respective backing plate. Funny they were on the car before, though . . .

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C