<VV> Seat Belts

Bob & Kathy Gilbert bgilbert@redshift.bc.ca
Mon Feb 14 02:51:08 EST 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm starting to compile what I hope to be a final list of stuff to complete
the re-assembly of my 66 'vert. This is the second of what will likely be a
number of questions over the next few weeks.

In going through my "stash 'o' stuff" I realized that my seat belts have
badly rusted ends and buckles. Oddly enough the belt material looks to be in
quite good shape.

I  can make 4 good ends out of what I have but the 4 buckle parts are all
badly corroded. Here's the catch - I'm looking for a set of 1966 Canadian
seat buckles if at all possible. They have writing on the back that makes
reference to "Dominion (??? I can't read ???) Toronto, Ontario". These are
the standard buckles, the ones with the V shape moulded into the plastic
buckle.

Also, does anybody know of a place that does seat belt work, in other words,
somebody I could take the hardware to and have them make new belts?

Thanks,
Bob