<VV> Re: 1969 convertible Monza on the auction site

GMC228 at aol.com GMC228@aol.com
Mon Feb 14 20:59:21 EST 2005

I'm one of the lurkers, not a Corsa member, nor a Corvair owner.  However my son does have a great running '66 Monza 140 sitting in my driveway with severe body/structural problems.  We watched ebay auction for the Hugger Orange - stuck engine (#3988) in Louisville with great interest.  Does anyone in this group know anything about it.  It was bid up to $5000, the bid retracted, and then didn't meet reserve around $3350. Both high bidders had zero feedback. It was claimed to have been ziebarted, stored inside since the 70's.  The pictures were not overly clear and by the way, it didn't have a title. It generated enough questions to preclude any bidding by my son without seeing it. The four hour one way drive is justified if the car is real and the seller straight.  It may not be relisted and the topic moot but,let's see if this can start a thread.  By the way, it probably had headrests.

Gene  Northern Indiana