<VV> "structural integrity"

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty@aol.com
Tue Feb 15 15:06:59 EST 2005

<My problem is with structural integrity (or lack there of) with a rag top.  I
like a roof with an old car as I feel it does a great deal to "solidify" the
car.  This can be especially important when old metal starts to get rusty.  I
have been told in the past that the door pillar that exists in a 4 door makes
it the stiffest platform of all.
*snip*
I think
that my Canadian made four door is a rare commodity indeed - as it was one of
less than 900 built in 65>

What door pillar?  If your Corvair was built in '65 it's a late model and a
hardtop and therefore doesn't have a B pillar!  If structural integrity is all
that important to you and you want a Corvair, get an early 4-door.

Bill Stanley