<VV> Re: Engine block codes/ Assy date decoding

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Wed Feb 16 01:43:43 EST 2005

I'm puzzled. (Bear in mind that I'm 3000 miles from my cars and library)  Why
would GM code 08A as first week of August on a Corvair and 08A as eighth day
of August for Corvettes? (August = first month of production = A, September =B
and so on.)  Why would they use different date schemes for the two lines?
Puzzled in So. Florida,
Craig

<< Craig,
 The FBP on my 1962 Convert is "08A", not "09A". I guess it's not clear in
the photo, but it is very distinct when I just looked at it. That transcribes to
AUGUST, first week. That is perfectly in agreement with the sn being very
near the reported end of '62 convert production (15908 out of a total of 16569)
and the previously published fact that 1963 production began in Sept '63.

 Regards,
 Bob Helt >>