<VV> Engine block codes/ Assy date decoding/LEG UPDATE

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair@aol.com
Wed Feb 16 03:22:14 EST 2005

Craig,
My green, low mileage 64 700 sedan has an engine date of T0522Z, and the diff
has the same date (May 22) on it. The build date is 06A, first week of
June.... the main reason I bought the car was the build date on the engine... it was
my Dad's 39th birthday (well, the price was right, too)...
And now for the latest news... I had to stop in at the Dr's office this
morning, due to the pain in my leg (the one I broke)... Friday was great, I was
getting around fine... saturday it was hurting a bit, so I just sat around the
house... Sunday we went to Church, and afterwards we drove up to Louisville to
meet up with my in-laws for dinner (they drove down from the Cincinnati area)
and we ate at a seafood place on the river, and afterwards we drove to
Clarksville, IN to see the museum at the Falls of the Ohio (really cool place if
you're a fossil geek like I am)... it was hurting bad enough that we didn't go to
the sunday evening worship, so I sat in front of the TV most of the night....
it felt more like a muscle cramp, because it was on a different side of my
leg... (different pain, different spot, same leg but no swelling)... monday at
work it progressively got worse, but I made it the end of the day... I got home,
and put the heat blanket to it... no help.... rubbed it down with mineral
ice... helped a little, but it still hurt.... this morning I couldn't get around
at all, so I dug out my crutches and made up my mind I would see the Dr....
To make a long story a little shorter, I've re-fractured my fibula... the Dr
seems to think it will be ok, but I'm to stay off of it for 3 days (which = no
work) and he set me up with some good pain meds.... (Cheryl told me I did it
just for the drugs... I told her I gotta get a job on talk radio first... te
he he)... How did I brake it?  I haven't the foggiest idea... the Dr was
impressed with my pain tolerance, though....
Anyway, I'm still in the removeable cast, it just doesn't hinge at the ankle
for now... and he said to use the crutches until the pain is gone....
And March 30th is just a month and a half away.... the one year mark.... it
has REALLY SUCKED.... but it could always be worse.
Anyway, there's the most recent update... the Doc also told me that the tibia
is healing nicely, lots of bone mass filling in the spots.... so that was
SOME good news....
I'll get back to lurkin'....
Later,
Lonzo