<VV> Re: Engine block codes/ Assy date decoding

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Wed Feb 16 07:21:28 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/15/05 6:43:43 PM US Mountain Standard Time, NicolCS
writes:

> (August = first month of production = A, September =B and so on.)  Why
> would they use different date schemes for the two lines?
> Puzzled in So. Florida,
> Craig
>
> <<Craig,
>   SNIP, and the previously published fact that 1963 production began in Sept
> '63.

Craig,
I have no idea why Chev would do this, except as Dave said, it's not
Chevrolet for the Corvair, but Fisher Body instead. The Corvette has got to be unique
because of this. I'd suggest you forget Corvette and investigate the big
Chevys and maybe Chevy II and Chevelle to see how they are ID.

Also, please note my last statement above. Previously published data on
Corvair production (in the Communique) would tend to indicate that generally it was
September and not August that was the first month of Corvair production at WR
(except for 1962 and 1965 model years )

Regards,
Bob Helt