<VV> Rear wheel bearings

Ewell Mills emills5@cfl.rr.com
Wed Feb 16 12:04:39 EST 2005

I also took apart a couple of rear wheel bearings that had had the grease
fittings installed, and found just what you did. ( A lot of fresh grease in
the cavity with basically none having reached the bearings due to the old
grease having hardened).  IMHO the only way to do this is to disassemble them,
clean out all the old grease etc. and repack them.  After having done a few
with tools borrowed from a friend, I now feel that the price that our
(Corvair) vendors get for nice clean rebuilt ones is a real good deal.  Just
my .02 cents worth.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.